A3. Car rentals – RAS
Car rentals – RAS Car Rental
INFORMATION WHEN RENTING A CAR
The car rental desks are located in the arrival hall at Keflavik Airport.
For Rás car rentals go to Europcar desk which also serves Rás.
• You must have a valid credit card to rent a car.
• Our prices include a deductible (CDW).
• We recommend that you take out extra insurance (SCDW) which lowers the deductible further. Additional insurances are optional and can be paid directly to the rental car company.
• An airport of 5400 ISK applies when picking up your car and is paid locally.
• When you pick up the car, you need a credit card as a guarantee. The car rental firm will reserve a deposit from your card. The amount varies depending on the car type and rental days and will be refunded when the car is returned.
• Carefully inspect the car and note any damage.
• The rental car is booked in 24-hour periods. If the 24-hour limit is exceeded, an extra day rent is automatically added, so be sure to submit the car on time. If you drop off the car at a place other than where you picked it up, there may be a charge.
• Always return the rental car with a full tank of gas to avoid extra charges.
• The car rental company will check the car when you return it.
• If you are traveling with children and need to rent a car seat this needs to be pre-booked and then paid on location.
• Please note that an additional parking fee may be applied at certain hotels.
If you have booked a rental car in Reykjavik city, please arrange your own transportation to the office.
Driving in Iceland
Driving in Iceland is not difficult but entails a certain challenge. The Icelandic authorities have summarized a driving guide which we recommend you read if you are renting a car during your trip. It can be found here: https://www.road.is/travel-info/driving-safely-in-iceland/
Weather & Road conditions & Warnings
For current information regarding weather, road conditions and volcano activities see, https://safetravel.is/
RÁS car rental
Phone. +(354) 565-3800, Emergency nr: +(354) 693-1302