Gullfoss – Geysir & Snowmobiling
Our trip leaves Reykjavík for the majestic Gullfoss, by many considered the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland. The waterfall has two stages and you can get close to the mighty water cascading over the ledges and into the ravine below.
The geothermic springs of Geysir are very near Gullfoss. This area boasts Iceland’s most active geysir, Strokkur. Strokkur regularly bursts its majestic column of hot water into the sky every five minutes, so you will have several opportunities to experience this majestic sight. Stroll amongst bubbling mud puddles and steaming hot springs – and really feel the power of the Earth under your feet.
The UNESCO world heritage site of Thingvellir national park is our next stop. The world’s oldest parliament, Alltinget, was assembled here as early as around year 900, and this is also where the European and American continental plates meet. At Thingvellir the escarpment that is caused by the two plates slowly parting can be seen very clearly.
At last we get even closer to Iceland’s wilderness by snowmobiling on the glacier at Langjökull, Iceland’s second biggest glacier. An exciting one-hour adventure through endless white snowdrifts that will leave memories for life!
- Pickup in Reykjavik
- Guided snowmobile tour.
- Lunch is not included, but a lunch stop will be made.
- Length : 10 hours (1 hour on snowmobile)
- Requirements : To drive a snowmobile a valid drivers licence is needed.
- Minimum age : 6 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everyone with good health.
- Product code : A11
- Other : Snowmobile excursion is 1 hour. persons share the same snowmobile and single person per vehicle at extra cost. Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour.