River Fun Rafting from Reykjavik
Hvíta is a beautiful and fun-filled river an hours drive outside Reykjavík. For over 20 years this trip has been the most popular adventure activity in Iceland.
From Gullfoss waterfall, a glorious canyon descends down, creating the perfect scenario for a fun rafting experience. The Hvítá river originates from Langjökull glacier and has a perfectly balanced mix of serene canyons and adrenaline pumping waves and rapids. On this beautiful rafting journey you raft down 7 kilometres, enjoying a view you can only experience while floating downstream in a boat. You will be making a stop at Brúarhlöð canyon where the thrill-seekers can cliff jump into the river below if the conditions allow.
You will be outfitted in a wetsuit to make the experience enjoyable and a life-jacket to keep you afloat. Hvítá River is a class 2 river which means that there is plenty of fun and excitement but no previous rafting experience is required. This rafting trip is for everyone that fancies a little adventure and is suitable for most ages and abilities.
Rafting down Hvítá is an amazing way to spend the day and we firmly believe that no one should leave Iceland without experiencing the jaw-dropping views, splish-splashing down an Icelandic glacial river. After the excitement you can warm up in the hot tubs and sauna, relax and maybe even enjoy a well-earned beverage. We also recommend adding a delicious BBQ lamb or a hamburger (purchased on-location, vegan options available) for you to enjoy back at Drumbó River Base.
Come join us and experience the power of the river. Grab your paddle & let’s go get wet!
- Pick-up in Reykjavik
- 7 km rafting trip down the scenic Hvítá with an expert guide
- All necessary rafting equipment; wetsuit, life-jacket, neoprene shoes, helmet and paddle
- Visit to the famous Brúarhlöð via the river
- Hot tubs, showers and a sauna after the river
- Small group experience, the boat can fit 8 to 10 people
- Post rafting BBQ Lamb feast
- Hamburger & Fries
- Beverages for purchase
- No meals included, bring your own lunch or snacks
- Period : 15 May - 15 September, daily
- Length : 8 hours
- Minimum age : 11 years
- Difficulty : Suitable for everyone with good health
- Product code : U01
- Warm wool or fleece sweater and thermal underwear (pants) to wear underneath the wetsuit as well as warm wool socks. These might get wet during your tour. Don’t wear cotton as it will not keep you warm when wet. Bathing suit to wear underneath the neoprene pants on the river and for the sauna as well as a towel and change of clothing.